Product Assembly Position
Trickster is a small family-owned growing tourist trade business started in 2014 by siblings Rico and Crystal Worl with the mission to promote innovative Indigenous design. We have an online retail store and wholesale operations in Anchorage. We supply gift shops, museums, and bookstores across the state and nation. We pride ourselves in producing high quality Northwest Coast Formline art, gifts and more that come from our heart and what we call a gift from our ancestors.
This is a great chance to join a team to learn the gift industry, light manufacturing and small business, owned by an indigenous family. We are looking for the right person to join us at our Anchorage warehouse. We have a small, hard-working, and positive team and we are looking for additional team members to keep up with the growth of our business. If you have a positive attitude and enjoying working with a diverse group of people; if you are interested in the business of making indigenous products; if you are interested in working in a light manufacturing business; if you are interested in contributing to a fast-growing startup company, we would love to hear from you.
You will be making a range of gifts and souvenir products such as earrings to key chains to zipper pulls and magnets. This entry level position has potential for growth into other areas of the business that range from retail to wholesale, inventory, and sales.
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Reports to: Business Owners
Hire Date: Spring 2022
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Cleaning wood and acrylic products
- Assembling wood and acrylic products
- Packaging wood and acrylic products.
- Pulls, packs and ships products based on daily orders for wholesale and retail.
- Shipping orders using online inventory and shipping systems.
- Receiving shipments and organizing inventory that includes moving, labeling, counting, and folding.
- Operating light equipment
- Moving heavy boxes
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. safely and repeatedly
- Labeling bins, boxes, etc.
- Cleaning the work areas every day.
- Working safely and respectfully alongside other team members
- Other duties as assigned.
- A positive attitude is far more important than experience
- A desire to work as a member of a team and accomplish daily team goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to learn quickly and take responsibility/ownership for yourself and for team goals
- Ability to take direction from owners and peers
- A high degree of flexibility as our business grows and changes weekly
- Strong high-level awareness of everything taking place in the working environment, how it affects you and how your work affects the rest of the team
- Ability to work safely and maintain a steady, brisk pace of work all day, day-in-and-day-out
- Follow directions as trained and not deviate from instructions
- Be innovative and present creative solutions to peers and to leadership
- The ability to speak up for yourself and voice your questions and concerns
- Excellent attendance - you must show up on time, ready to go to work
- Ability to learn software apps to process orders that involve shipping.
- Opportunity to be a part of an Alaskan startup company with international reach and huge growth potential
- Paid holidays – 10 per year
- Celebrations when goals are reached and Christmas dinner party
- Discounts on our products
We are a young and growing business that's fully committed to building the dream team! Come be a part of our fast-growing startup that now distributes nationwide with retail partners in national museums and more.
Starting wage: $13.00 - $20.00 per hour depending on experience. After four weeks, we will evaluate your performance and hourly wage for permanent position. This is an entry-level position meant to bring people on board and evaluate them for future growth in the company. We have been consistently growing every year (before the pandemic).
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:00pm with some weekend hours for special events.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com