Lapel Pins (Group B)
Regular price $ 16.00
Brass pins with hard enamel designs by Rico Worl. Comes with easily removable rubber backs that are less abrasive on the skin, and individually wrapped in plastic to protect the enamel.
Approximate Size and Finish
- Trickster Camera - 1”. Silver chrome finish. Designed mostly thinking about all our friends who are photographers who help make our products look great!
- Dagger – 1.4”. Black chrome finish. The Tlingit dagger with its double blade could be thrust up or down without regripping making it especially deadly in close combat. Tlingit males traditionally carried their daggers as part of their daily dress.
- Dragonfly – 1”. Gold finish.
- Salmon Trout Head – 1”. Silver chrome finish.
- Thunderbird – 1”. Silver chrome finish. Rico made this design was made for his fiancée. It represents the clan she was adopted by and his father’s clan the Shangukeidí.
- Halibut Hook – 1”. Black chrome finish. According to legends, the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian acquired the wooden halibut hook back in the days when people were able to communicate with animals. Its design allowed for the conservation and sustainability of the halibut population because only the larger harvestable halibut could bite! Ironically, this ancient technology was finally recognized in 2018 as an “innovation” by the Alaska State Committee for Research Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame.