Store Manager Job Description
Small family-owned growing tourist trade business needs a Store Manager for its Juneau store. Store Manager oversees store operations, employees, recruitment, inventory and financial outcome. This position has potential for growth.
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Reports to: Business Owners
Hire Date: November 2016
• Maintains store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; and following up on work
• Manages store staff by leading, recruiting, training, monitoring, appraising and counseling employees.
• Endorses correct employee timesheet and payroll processing.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances
and initiating corrective actions.
• Analyzes operating expenses, sales and financial statements to maximize profits.
• Develops market strategy by studying advertising channels, consumer trends, sales promotion effects product display alternatives and other important factors.
• Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities and movements; determining sales promotions and authorizing clearance sales.
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers; and other persons in a position to understand product preferences.
• Provides design team feedback on new and improved products being developed.
• Ensures availability of merchandise by maintaining and monitoring inventories.
• Supports vendor selection and relationship.
• Confirms procurement of correct inventories, supplies, materials and services from vendors.
• Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
• Preserves the stability and reputation of the store by complying with all legal requirements.
• Validates timely payment of all operational expenses such as taxes for sales, payroll and property; rent; utilities; services and other store related expenditures.
• Enhances operations by initiating, documenting, coordinating, and enforcing store policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed or assigned.
Retail Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication
Physical Labor: Applicant must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
Compensation: Base salary depends on experience plus annual bonus based on store profit.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week based on store schedule. Tourist season, May through September, will require more hours per week.
Paid Time Off: 15 days (120 hours) per year. Maximum accrual 120 hours.
Contact: Dawn Dinwoodie
Phone: (907) 227-1998
Visit our website for more information: http://trickstercompany.com/